Tuesday, February 21, 2012

29th week Time is going by so fast :0

Subject: hi

so the library was closed yesterday because of the president. so its OK that you guys wrote me yesterday because i haven't checked instill now.
so this week has been great!  all kind of goings on. Good goings on? well i don't know if we need to label them good or bad. (name that movie) the mission is really trying to push for member present lessons. and we have been getting them. now i know why the missionary's were wanting me to come out with them all the time. because it helps alot. the investigator is more likely to come to Church because they have a friend. and then there more likely to read and pray because they have some one there watching them. and there more likely to get baptized. so if you have an opportunity to help the missionary's out DO IT! people are helping us out all the time and i love it.
So the craziest thing i ate this week was beef stew. but it had yogurt in it. and it tasted like beef flavored yogurt. (crazy) the family that fed it to us is on this big health kick. they make all there foods them selves. (like grind there own flower and stuff)
The Scariest thing that happened this week was we were going to this dinner appointment and the lady in front of us decided not to go though the light and slam on her breaks instead. and so we slammed on our breaks but not soon enough. we barely bummed her. we got out and looked at the cars. and they looked fine. so we pulled over and the girl said that she didn't care. and she just jumped in her car and drove off. (we think she didn't have insurance)
the dumbest thing that happened this week. was elder olingers mom decided that she didn't want to talk to him anymore. so he hasn't herd from her in about a month. no emails no letter nothing. so hes been down in the dumps about that. i wrought him a letter and put it on his bed and told him that i care about him.  so a family in the ward decided to call his mom for him and it ended up she had surgery on her hands and so she isn't able to use the key board and she cant use a pencil. so thats good that we found that out.
O and i found out that the crazy letter i got was from Elder Carl.  he decided to play this joke on me and crap he got the AP's involved and sent me another letter. but he messed up and i found out it was him. (im going to kill him) he will regret the day he ever messed with PAYTON CARTER CLEMENTS! jk be Christ like.
the most spiritual thing that happened was that one Muslim guy that i told you about last week. we taught him again this week. and he said he would be baptized. we found out that he won the lottery in IRAN and so he had enough money to come to the united states. and he new that god wanted to come here and learn about Christianity. such a cool story i really hope this goes though. just a super amazing story and i hope it has an amazing ending.
Ive been trying to learn alot of songs on the uke. by ear. i learned come thou fount, if you could hie to kolob, praise to the man, and One Day by Matisyah. (you know, some times in my tears i drown but i never let i get me down) its hard to learn something on your own. i wish i had a teacher. and I'm scared that if i play the uke to long I'm going to forget how to play the guitar. what ever the uke is a cool instrument.
so last week sounded crazy. Jake's wedding sounded cool i wish i could have been there. you should send me some pics of it. and there wedding announcement. im excited to get the package. i feel so loved. just saying.  Lauren your funny. just make sure you date people with your own standards. idk i encourage you to think about going on a mission. there the bomb!
well i guess I'm going to end with my testimony. I know that this church is true and that the same Gospel that Jesus Christ set up and taught is back on the earth today in its fullness. that Joseph smith did translate the book of Mormon and that it truly is another testament of Jesus Christ. and you can become closer to god by reading it. that i can answer any question that you have. it is written for our time and we need to use it as such. i love this work and all that this Gospel does for people.
well i love you all so much thanks for caring
LOVE Elder Payton Clements.


Most of you know Elder Dakota Iverson so I thought I would also add his letter for the week :) 

 Maybe you will get a kick out of my week and i hope it will
> help you feel better.
> I left from parnaiba on tuesday after i was there for 7 months and a
> half. I am now in a place called São Luis, which means Saint Louis.
> This city is way different then Parnaiba. It is crazy! Here the rain
> season hás started and it is raining like mad, which is the way that i
> prefer it. I arrived here and presidente gave me a few extra
> responsibilities to do. When i was coming here on the bus i was
> sleeping and i woke up to a really weird sound. A lady started to have
> a seizure our a stroke or something like that. It was really sad and i
> felt like crying. I saw her 10 year old daughter crying for her mother
> and i felt so much pain inside my heart. There was nothing i could do
> to help. I wanted to cry. It sounds like Travis had na experience too,
> wow.
> When i arrived here i was welcomed by my old companion Elder
> Helamã and then i went to my house with my new companion named Elder
> Rudolphi who is from colorado and has about a year and two months on
> the mission. He lives military stuff and his dad in is a cournal in
> the army. The other missionary that left from my area was kind of
> making me sad because he left the house so filthy. I have never seen a
> bathroom that was more discusting in my life, seriously! And the sad
> thing is that i had to clean it becuase there went like 6 months with
> out cleaning it. Right now is carnaval, se we have alot of time to
> just stay in the house and clean it and stuff, which is what i am
> doing because it has got to be done.
> Ya do you guys remember carnaval last year when the missionary
> snuck out? Ya it is that same thing that is happening this year and
> where i am living is pretty crazy but there are other parts of the
> city that are way worst. We live by a house and something that days
> Macumba, which is that devil warshipping religion that used big drums
> and calls in spirits to possess them.
> On my first day here we were walking up some stair and a really
> skinny guy approached us and told us that he was robbing us. He was
> grabbing something in his pants that looked like a knife and he
> demanded that we gave money to him. but me and my companion just
> looked at him and acted like we did not under stand. I said to him
> with alot of american accent that i do not speak portguese. So he
> tried to make signs with his hands that let me know that he wanted
> money. I had gone to the bank about 2 hours before he robbed us, so i
> had about 150 bucks with me from the mission reserve, but i was not
> going to let him know that! He eventually just stopped talking about
> the money and demanded us to give us the cell phone. Honestly as he
> was doing this i was looking for big rocks to hit him with and i
> thought about pushing him down the stairs, but something told me to
> just not do it and just give him what he is asking for. So we gave him
> the cellphone and then we just looked at him as he walked away, and i
> asked my companion if it would be bad if i hit him.... he said yes
> elder you are not allowed too,,,,,and he is totally right. I talked to
> the president and he said that any time anyone robs us just give them
> what they want and do not worry about it, so i am glad that is what
> they did. I do not know if he really had a knife, but i did not want
> to find out. Plus he had a friend behind him that was helping him.
>
> Alright but this week i really tried my hardest to find alot of
> people to teach! We found several news and we taught them the restored
> gospel! I love teaching the gospel and i know as a missionary i will
> be successful if i know how to teach, if i have the spirit with me and
> if i learn how to become a master comunicator like the missionarys in
> there book of mormon.
> One of the people that we found on the street yesterday has 27
> people that live in the house with him. He offered me his grandaughter
> for marriage and i said no thank you, but we are missionaries. I felt
> like i was teaching king lamoni from the book of mromon and i was
> amon. The funny thing about that story is that amon denied the
> marriage of the kings daughter and then ended up baptisiing his whole
> kingdom. So if god wants to work a miracle in our hands i know that we
> can do something with the huge family. But as payton says, i will not
> boast in my self, but in my god because i know that all thinngs are
> possible with his might hand.
>
> I only have one minute until my computer will turn off, i wanted to
> say more.. Tell jake and selena that i love them so much! Tell him to
> write me and send photos]

Love Elder Iverson
>

>

No comments:

Post a Comment